Banwell Community Church is looking for a Youth and Family Ministries Pastor. If you believe that God is calling you to this position, please see the job description below.
youth & family ministry pastor Job description
Who We Are:
Banwell Community Church is a CBOQ-member church made up of 200+ active members and another
200+ adherents. At Banwell Community Church, we believe that, as an extension of Christ, we are called
to act as a bridge to our world.
This advertisement will be active until a candidate is selected for the position. At that point, the Search
Committee will close the advertisement.
The “Youth & Family Ministries Pastor” shall be accountable for leadership of the youth program and
oversight of all other family ministries at Banwell Community Church (BCC); the position may also
oversee other miscellaneous areas of church ministry. Overall, it is the expectation that this individual will
collaborate with the Senior Pastor in creating and fostering a culture of Christ-centeredness in the family
unit; as a result, the candidate must be willing to act in step with the Senior Pastor’s vision. In training and
transitioning kids to youth to young adults and young families, it is expected that the “Youth & Family
Ministries Pastor” will develop a long-term strategy for multi-generational faith at BCC.
The programs most affecting the family unit (ie. Nursery / Preschool, Children’s Church, Youth Group) are
currently coordinated by our teams of committed and seasoned volunteers. The “Youth & Family Ministries
Pastor” will be given the freedom to plan, prepare, and implement a rejuvenated family ministries program
to coincide with the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions on church attendance. The current volunteer pool is
comprised of approximately fifteen individuals across all youth and family ministries.
It is expected that this position will primarily report to (but work alongside) the Senior Pastor. However,
since Banwell Community Church is a committee-run organization, this position will also provide monthly
reports to the Christian Growth & Nurture (CGN) Committee; any at-work grievances shall be brought to
the attention of the Human Resources (HR) Committee.
Education & Experience Expectations:
The incumbent will possess, at minimum:
● A Bachelor’s degree from a Bible College in Canada or the U.S.A.;
● One year of relevant youth ministry leadership;
● One year of exposure to general family ministry;
● Five years of church involvement since first profession of faith;
● Three references (from work, school, and the community) validating that the candidate is above
reproach in satisfying the above criteria.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
The following provides a general outline of the primary responsibilities associated with the position:
● Ongoing development of family programs (ie. Nursery / Preschool, Children’s Church, Youth Group);
● Oversight of “Nursery / Preschool” and “Children’s Church” volunteer base; collaboration with staff and
volunteers regarding potential improvements to these ministries;
● Primary leadership of the weekly Youth Ministry while maintaining the existing volunteer base;
● Relationship-building with church youth / families to mentor and guide through life circumstances;
spiritual oversight of the health of family faith;
● Training / scheduling of volunteers; step in when volunteers are unable to fulfill commitments;
● Ongoing development of “user’s manual” for adherents interested in volunteering in family ministries;
● Weekly interaction and reporting at staff meetings; monthly reporting of family ministries updates at
Christian Growth & Nurture (CGN) Committee meetings;
● Preparation and oversight of annual budgets related to youth and family ministries.
Secondary Roles and Responsibilities:
The following provides a general outline of the secondary responsibilities associated with the position:
● Weekly vision meetings with Senior Pastor to identify milestones for personal spiritual growth;
● Monthly vision meetings with Senior Pastor to identify milestones for the church’s spiritual growth;
● Preparation of quarterly personal professional development plan;
● Assist the Senior Pastor in achieving the milestones identified in monthly vision meetings;
● Provide technical support for organization’s staff, volunteers, and small group leaders;
● Community outreach to secondary and post-secondary students;
● Encourage youth participation in Sunday services;
● Prepare Sunday service videos, lyrics, slides, etc. in accordance with the service outline;
● Record video announcements; edit Children's Church videos for use during Sunday services;
● Participate in the Sunday service (as needed);
● Communicate with volunteers / staff regarding changes to protocol and / or service structure.
It is anticipated that the salary will range from $45,000 to $55,000 per annum,
depending on the candidate’s qualifications and experience; annual salary will be the
basis for calculating all incentive, pension, and benefit obligations and entitlements.
Compensation also includes the eligibility to participate in the BCC Employee Benefits
Plan for salaried employees, which includes a healthcare plan, a life insurance plan, and a
defined contribution pension plan, all of which are provided through the Canadian
Baptists of Ontario and Quebec (CBOQ).
Vacation Time: Four calendar weeks’ vacation at a time, which are to be mutually agreed upon with the
Car Allowance: When required to use your personal vehicle for church-related business, you may apply to
be remunerated at the approved mileage rate (which is currently $0.54/km).
Work Schedule: Work schedule is to be flexibly coordinated with the Senior Pastor and BCC volunteers.
Work Term: Permanent, full-time position (minimum 40 hours per week).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please include a resume and cover letter. It is also strongly recommended that a “personal statement of faith” and a sample sermon be included in the submission package.